Effective pest control products for the home
• Moths – Clothes moths and house moths spawn larvae which eat the keratin present in wools, furs and other natural clothing, often making large holes if left unchecked. The best way to catch male moths are with pheromone traps, and to stop females laying eggs and to kill larvae, moth control aerosols should be applied after cleaning.
• Rats & mice – Rodents are common pests in urban areas and farms, and with a food source they can multiply rapidly. Effective non-lethal controls include ultrasonic and electromagnetic repellents and cage traps, and lethal controls include anticoagulant poison bait and standard traps. House mice are picky eaters, so a more ‘palatable’ poison bait works better.
• Birds – Bird control is very important for protecting outdoor architecture and paintwork from droppings, and to ensure public and employee health and safety. Most businesses will employ preventative measures such as bird spikes, stick bird repellent gel, audio repellents and laser repellents.
• Ants – These and other similar pests are one of the most common for homeowners, though dealing with them is easy. Treatment kits with poison can eliminate a nest quickly, and insect foggers are best for clearing out a heavily infested room.
• Wasps – Insect killing powders, sprays and foggers are good at getting rid of wasps, and special wasp foam can be used to attack wasp nests, though professional help is advised for nests due to the dangers involved.