EFFORTS to trace a missing Tillicoultry man have been renewed, six months after he disappeared during a cycling trip to Fort William.

Tony Parsons was last seen near the Bridge of Orchy Hotel in Argyll and Bute at around 11.30pm on Friday, September 29, 2017.

The 64-year-old was believed to travelling south, on his way back to the Wee County, along the A82 towards Tyndrum.

He is described as white, 5ft 9in tall, of a stocky build, with short greying hair and a moustache.

Tony also has a tattoo of an anchor on his right upper arm and a tattoo of an eagle on his left arm.

He was wearing glasses and was last seen in a red waterproof jacket, a blue long-sleeved cycling top, a high-visibility vest, fingerless gloves, beige combat trousers, black trainers, a silver and grey cycling helmet, a silver and blue rucksack and was riding a yellow bike with black handlebars.

Renewing the appeal to trace Tony, Chief Inspector Drew Sinclair, area commander for Clackmannanshire, asked the public to consider how even the smallest clue may help.

He said: “Tony’s disappearance has had an understandably devastating effect on his family and we continue to provide them with support at this difficult time.

“This continues to be a live investigation and our inquiries remain ongoing to trace him.

“I would like to thank those members of the public who have come forward following our appeals for information.

“We are still receiving information despite the amount of time that has now passed since Tony was last seen; however, we are still seeking that key piece of information that will lead us to finding him.

“I would ask again for people to think back and recall if they remember seeing Tony, or a man matching his description, travelling along the A82 on Friday, September 29, or in the days after.

“Equally, if anyone has seen or taken possession of a yellow-framed bike, or has any information, no matter how small, that can lead us to Tony’s whereabouts, please get in touch as soon as possible.”

Police established that Tony had arrived at the train station in Fort William earlier on the day he went missing, at around 4.10pm.

He began cycling south along the A82 and passed Glencoe Village shortly after 6pm.

Specialist resources were deployed in a bid to trace the Tilly man, including the dog unit, air support and the mountain rescue team, supported by volunteers from Killin, Oban and Arrochar.

Anyone with any information can call Police Scotland on 101 number, quoting the incident number 0559 of October 2, 2017.