A TULLIBODY man has been sentenced to supervision after admitting headbutting a woman before abusing another female.

Ryan Rennie appeared from custody at Alloa Sheriff Court on Thursday, January 31, where he faced more than 20 charges.

Many of which were breaches of his bail conditions, including eight separate offences for leaving his home address while on a restriction of liberty order.

Out of all the charges, Sheriff David Mackie only sentenced the 27-year-old for two charges and deferred the rest for six months to see if he can make positive progress.

For the two sentenced charges, they state that on February 10, last year, at a property on Dalmore Drive, Alva, Rennie assaulted a female by headbutting her before striking her on the head with an electrical cable.

A charge of assaulting a male by biting him on the head was dropped from that date.

Then on August 21 at his home address on Carseview, Tullibody, Rennie threatened a different female with violence while on bail.

Another charge of damaging property with a bottle from that date was dropped.

The other offences date as far back as June 2017 when the accused behaved in a threatening manner by striking a window with a bottle at Ashley Terrace before assaulting a male at the property.

Then on February 23 of last year, Rennie, while acting with three others, shouted and uttered threats of violence before spitting towards police officers.

He also assaulted an officer by lashing out with his arms and legs.

On May 17 Rennie stole a quantity of alcohol from the Co-op in Tullibody which he also did on October 28 while banned from entering the shop.

Jim Savage, defending Rennie, told the court that the accused now recognises the effect alcohol and drugs has on him, while stating that he is a "burden to his mum".

Sheriff David Mackie took into account that Rennie has been in prison almost continually since last summer.

He sentenced him to 18 months of supervision for the two former charges, and deferred sentence for six months on the rest.