A SERIAL troll has dodged a prison term yet again despite committing two offences while on a good behaviour order.

Steven MacGregor, from Alva, appeared at Stirling Sheriff Court on Tuesday, June 5, to find out his fate after being given six months to stay offence-free on October 31 of last year.

He had been given the reprieve after admitting a charge which stated that on June 2 at Clackmannanshire Council the accused behaved in a threatening manner likely to cause fear or alarm by making a telephone call during which he raised his voice and uttered abusive remarks.

Depute fiscal Gail Russell told Alloa Sheriff Court at the time that MacGregor had phoned to speak to the social work department regarding his children. He eventually got to speak to a manager and began raising his voice and making threats.

He told the council employee: “I’ll meet you face to face. I’ll come to Kilncraigs. You think you’re a big man over the phone. You’re a coward.”

The 45-year-old, who has an atrocious history of similar crimes, was given six months to behave and warned by Sheriff MacDonald that the outcome would still be severe.

Despite this, MacGregor showed a blatant disregard for the court and within just seven days was back abusing public sector staff.

On November 7, he phoned the Children’s Reporter in Alloa and called an employee working there a “racist c**t”.

He later phoned Clackmannanshire Council’s waste disposal unit on January 18 and proceeded to state that “I viciously hate you lot”.

For that, he was given 230 hours of unpaid work and banned from calling any council department.

With a significant portion of this unpaid work completed, McGregor appeared in front of Sheriff MacDonald on Tuesday last week to find out his punishment.

Remarkably, and in spite of this earlier warning, the sheriff opted to defer sentence for a further three months for MacGregor to show he can be of good behaviour.

Sheriff MacDonald warned the accused: “I will tell you now, if you offend again you will go to prison. The matter is up to you.”

The case will call again on August 29.

MacGregor, of East Stirling Street, was previously jailed for breaching a court order, given to him after he threatened to bomb a mosque and for claiming he would execute Muslims on a daily basis unless every mosque in Scotland was closed down.