FOUR weeks on from the last sighting of missing Alloa man Redmond Taylor, his brother has issued a heartfelt plea for information that may assist in tracing him.

At a press conference in Alloa Police Station on Monday, Bob Taylor also talked about the toll his younger sibling's disappearance has taken on the family.

Redmond was last seen on February 12 after leaving Forth Valley Royal Hospital in Larbert.

Police have issued a number of public appeals, with a CCTV image of Redmond featuring on the front page of the Advertiser two weeks ago.

Officers say a witness saw the Clacks man cross a field and enter a wooded area in Torwood, near to the hospital.

On Monday, his brother Bob made a desperate plea for him to come home or to get in touch.

He said: "If anybody has any information at all, if they have seen something, then get in touch on 101 and hopefully we can try and find him.

"You don't expect this to happen to you, or somebody in your own family.

"My mum is not coping with it at all.

"I'm lost for words really; it is quite a stressful time."

He added: "It's out of character for him because he's never went missing before."

When asked by the Advertiser if he had a message for his brother, Bob said: "Just get in touch because we need to know you are okay.

"You're not in any trouble, and we are here for you.

"I just can't understand why he has went missing, and I just really want him to get in touch."

Redmond was initially last seen leaving the hospital on Tuesday, February 12 at around 12.30pm.

On that occasion, he was seen heading towards Bellsdyke Roundabout.

However, since a previous appeal for information, a member of the public came forward with CCTV which showed Redmond in the Torwood area at around 1.30pm the same day – around two miles from the hospital.

Clackmannanshire community inspector Mark Murphy told the Advertiser: "The person on the CCTV has been identified 100 per cent as Redmond by his brother.

"As a result of that, and from speaking to people, there is a witness who has seen Redmond cross the fields and it appears that he entered into the wooded area directly opposite this address [in Torwood].

"It's a vast and very dense area, and we'll continue to search that, but that remains the main focal point of our enquiry."

The inspector also thanked members of the public for their support in coming forward with potential information so far, and for sharing information about Redmond on social media.

He added that a big concern now was to keep that momentum up: "We want to keep this as fresh as we can in the eyes and minds of the public."

Police are particularly keen to hear from people who were in the Torwood area on the date Redmond vanished.

Sergeant Derek McKie, of Alloa Police Station, has previously stated: "I would ask that residents in the Torwood area check their gardens, outbuildings where Redmond may have sought shelter and any private CCTV.

"Likewise, I would appeal to any motorists who were on the A9 at Torwood around 1.30pm on Tuesday, February 12, to check any dashcam footage."

Redmond is described as white, around 5ft 7in tall, of a slim build, with short brown hair, blue eyes and stubble.

When he was last seen, Redmond was wearing a black bomber jacket, navy blue jeans and grey trainers.

He is known to travel across the central belt and particularly to the Edinburgh, Glasgow and Fife areas.

Anyone who has seen Redmond, or has information on where he may be, is urged to call Police Scotland on 101, quoting incident number 1457 of February 13.