A MAN who pestered his ex-wife for months and threatened to kill himself has been ordered to stop contacting her by a sheriff.

Graham Parker and the complainer were married 30 years ago but rekindled the romance for nine months recently before once again separating.

According to Susannah Hutchison, depute fiscal, Parker had sent 50 emails to the complainer asking for them to "get back together" after the most recent breakdown of their relationship.

He also appeared at the woman's property in Clackmannan, while in possession with a knife.

Speaking last Thursday, June 27, Ms Hutchison told Alloa Sheriff Court: "She [the complainer] was woken up by someone at the door. She opened it and heard his [Parker] voice and closed it quickly."

Parker responded by telling the complainer to let him in as he "just wanted to talk", but was told to "go away" by the woman.

Fearful of her safety, the complainer then contacted the police who attended and were told by Parker that he had a knife on him and needed it for protection.

After searching him, officers retrieved a lockback knife and he was arrested.

He was later charged with possession of the knife and causing fear or alarm to his partner by repeatedly contacting her and attending at her home.

Officers then searched his electric devices and found numerous emails from the accused to the woman.

On one occasion between August 4 and October 4, 2018, Parker told his ex-wife that he would kill himself and said: "I just hope you can live with that, did you get my birthday card?"

The 56-year-old then breached his special bail conditions by contacting the woman to say that he was sorry for his actions, despite being banned from contacting her.

Kelly Howe, representing Parker, told the court that he had now moved to Bournemouth and would not be contacting her.

Sheriff David Mackie sentenced Parker, of YMCA, Westover Road, Bournemouth, to the English equivalent of two years' supervision and a conduct requirement to enrol on the Caledonian Men's Programme.

He also granted a two-year non-harassment order.