A CHARITY garden is set to open for one day only in Alva next weekend in a bid to raise money for a number of causes.

Lynn Cameron has taken great care of her beloved garden for more than 20 years and last year decided she would open it to the public to raise money for a debt centre run by Tillicoultry Baptist Church.

After being made aware of Scotland's Gardens Scheme, a charity which raises money for various causes, Lynn got in touch with them to see if they could collaborate.

Now, Lynn's garden will be available for public consumption this Sunday with the aim of raising funds for the debt centre once again.

Lynn said people are always pleasantly surprised when they see her garden, given its hidden location.

She told the Advertiser: "I love my garden and it's fairly hidden behind some flats

"Last year, I wanted to raise money for CAP and my church [Tilly Baptist] has been wanting to create a debt centre.

"I launched the garden then contacted the garden scheme and they came out and had a look around, and this year we will open it again with their help and do the advertising and that sort of stuff.

"They [garden scheme] get 40 per cent of the takings which they give to their charities and the other 60 per cent will go to my chosen charity, which again is the debt centre."

Lynn started working on the garden over two decades ago when her children were just little and slowly, but surely began having different themes across it, leaving her just now with a Mediterranean section, as well as oriental and country areas.

She said: "When I moved in 27 years ago nothing had been done to the garden in years and I just started working on it slowly and began creating different 'rooms' of it, little areas with different things going on.

"Last year my project was to install a pond as I had always wanted one. I put my recycling hat on and used old tyres filled with compost to create an elevation and then filled it to create the pond."

After years of hard work, Lynn admits she is gratified when people get to see her space and is hoping more people than last year can come out and support it.

"It will be interesting to see if more people come out given the extra advertising the garden scheme offers. I love my garden for having somewhere I can go and relax, I just think having a garden is great."

Anyone interested in attending can do so at 60 Greenhead, Alva, between 2pm and 5pm on Sunday, August 4.