A "DISGRACEFUL" offender who abused police and medical staff during a drunken rampage has been tagged for three months.

David McDonald kicked off at Forth Valley Royal Hospital in the early hours of December 28 last year.

The 43-year-old Clackmannan resident had been taken there by police to receive medical treatment for a cut to his head.

But while waiting in A&E for a doctor, the "intoxicated" McDonald became aggressive towards those around him.

Prosecutor Susannah Hutchison told Alloa Sheriff Court on Thursday, January 16, that he shouted slurs such as "m****s", "s******s", "f*****g speccy paedophile b*****d", and "f*****g child molester" at police.

He also told them to "lick [his] d**k" and called them "fat f*****g f*****s" who "f**k their mothers".

After being warned about his behaviour, McDonald tried to leave the waiting area – resulting in him being restrained by police.

But he refused to calm down and assaulted two police constables by pushing and kicking them, before resisting arrest and then shouting: "Where's the m***o doctors? F*****g paedophile b******s."

Doctors refused to treat him because of his behaviour, and after being seen to by a nurse he was taken to Falkirk Police Office.

When he appeared in court from custody last week, McDonald's solicitor, Larissa Milligan, claimed her client had relapsed into alcohol misuse on the date in question.

She said he had previously managed to abstain from alcohol, and offending, for a significant period.

And while she conceded he was assessed as being at a "high risk of reoffending" in a background report, she said he wanted to address his problems in the community.

Sheriff Simon Collins QC said McDonald had an "appalling record of public disorder offences".

Ms Milligan then told the court that her client was "ashamed" of his behaviour.

Sheriff Collins replied: "He should be – it's disgraceful; the police and medical staff were trying to help him'."

McDonald was given a curfew, requiring him to remain at his address on Izatt Terrace between 7pm and 7am.

The sheriff also imposed a community payback order requiring him to undergo supervision for one year, with a conduct requirement to engage with alcohol treatment services as well.