Police had to remove a 23-year-old man from the Sauchie area “for his safety” after a report was made that he was acting suspiciously.
The call was made last week, and officers have since said that groups targeting individuals “will not be tolerated”.
A spokesperson said: “On Thursday, August 13, officers in Forth Valley received a report of a man acting suspiciously in Sauchie.
“Officers attended and a 23-year-old man was removed from the area for his safety. Enquiries were carried out and no criminality was established.”
Chief inspector Garry Smith said the force recognises the concern this has caused to the local community.
He commented: “We have since received a report of targeted anti-social behaviour committed by several people. This will not be tolerated. Our investigations into this are ongoing.
“We urge the public to behave responsibly around social media, both in terms of what they share and how they respond to what they read or watch.
“Policing in Scotland has strong relationships with the public and we are grateful for the ongoing support of our communities. If anyone has concerns, please contact Police Scotland on 101.”
Share