HILLFOOTS RFC..........................14
DUNFERMLINE RFC...................35

Caledonia Region League, Division 1

IT WAS a busy weekend for Hillfoots RFC as both senior teams were in action against strong opponents.

The Hillfoots 1st XV faced league favourites Dunfermline on what was a glorious day for rugby and the two teams served up a great game.

The away side started well and scored a quick try after a handling mistake by Hillfoots and it was mistakes which were to be the undoing of the home side all afternoon.

Hillfoots attacked the Dunfermline line, but the ball was stripped from Martin McNee before he could cross the line, missing out on a certain try.

Dunfermline scored two further tries in the first half to take a 21-0 lead.

The Wee County side picked up one score as McNee atoned for his earlier mistake to collect a chip by Elliot Chadwick and flop over the line to make it 21-7 at half-time.

The second half started with Hillfoots scoring two quick tries to close the gap to 21-14.

However, this was to remain the score until the last five minutes, when despite a period of sustained pressure, a tired Hillfoots side conceded two late tries.

BO'NESS RFC................................19
HILLFOOTS RAMS.........................17

Caledonia Midlands Region League, Division 4

Meanwhile, the Hillfoots Rams were also in action over the weekend taking on Bo’ness away from home.

It was a closely fought match with Bo’ness coming away the victors by just two points.

The game started with a kick to Bo’ness, who showed determination to break through the line, even with the Rams putting in some impressive tackles it wasn't quite enough to push them back, with them scoring the first try of the game.

With the realisation that Bo’ness wanted to play some rugby the Rams quickly got stuck in.

Being awarded a penalty just outside the try line Daniel Sheerin kicked through the posts to put some points on the board for the Rams.

A try from Jordan Usher and conversion from Cailean Baird-Chalmers put the Rams firmly in the running at half-time.

After an altercation on the pitch, Ian Kelley found himself in the Sin Bin for the remainder of the game.

The game then darkened slightly for the Rams with Bo’ness getting a penalty just outside the try line in the last two minutes of the game.

With the Rams protecting their line, it was a quick pass to the outside which became their downfall, putting the final score of the day to 19-17 to Bo’ness.