SAUCHIE JUNIORS boss Fraser Duncan admitted it felt like the world was against his club when their game was abandoned last week.

After going two goals behind against Blackburn United last Tuesday, Sauchie later took the lead after netting three without reply.

However, the match was abandoned after the rain flooded the pitch shortly thereafter.

Duncan said: “It’ll just be replayed, if you don’t play the full 90, the game will be replayed. Absolute nightmare to be honest, it’s just brutal.

“We started the game with a changed shape – 20 minutes in, we’re two goals down and I’m thinking: 'Here we go again'.

“All of a sudden it’s superb; after the 20 minutes of the first half I thought we were superb. We passed the ball about, kept things simple.

"It was 2-2 at half-time; we came in at half-time and I thought there’s no way we can lose this game if we keep playing the way we’re playing.

“In the second half we got a man sent off, but credit to the lads, they stuck to their task, battled away and then we go 3-2 up.

"Even at 3-2, I thought we would probably have went on and score again.

“Really gutted for the heavens to open. At the point where the referee stopped the game, he wanted to give it 10 minutes to see if the rain would pass. I think if he played on we could have got another two or three minutes.

“For the first time this season we were dominating and we were really thinking we would go on to get our first three points. Obviously when that happens you think the whole world’s against you.

“Five minutes after he stopped it, the park…it was like Gartmorn Dam had came up to Beechwood. The rain was incredible, you couldn’t see three feet in front of you.”

Duncan’s men regrouped and, once the pitch was drained, entertained Linlithgow Rose and saw the sides share the spoils after a goalless draw.

“Saturday’s one of them where I came off the park really disappointed,” Duncan said. “We should have won the game, second half our goalkeeper never touched the ball.

“First half was even, we had our spells, they had theirs. Second half was one way traffic. We dominated the game against a team who are probably favourites to win the league, completely controlled the game, were all over the top of them. We had them pinned in for long periods.

“We missed four or five really good chances to win the game in the second half. It’s frustrating but I’ve got to give the boys a lot of credit, they worked really hard, stuck to the task and worked really well. We’ve got to lift our heads after Tuesday and Saturday.

“They were outstanding on Saturday, especially the second half. Linlithgow were very lucky to be going away with a point.”

On a more positive note for the club, the draw for the Scottish Cup has been announced and Duncan and his men are looking forward to being a part of history.

He continued: “It’s going to be a great occasion, I think the club are trying to do something special. Hopefully, we can get a home tie, a home tie would be great. It would be the first Scottish Cup game ever at Beechwood so we’d be delighted to try and do something special for the day.

“We’re chuffed to bits and it’s something to look forward to, me and the boys will be watching the draw with much eagerness.

“If we play the way we did on Tuesday and the second half on Saturday, I would take anybody in the draw because we’re in a good place. That second 45 minutes on Saturday was the Sauchie we built and the way we want to play.

“If we can replicate that I’m not scared of anybody.

“[But] we’ve got to keep ourselves on the ground and recoup the points we’ve dropped. We need to get ourselves back up that league table. There’s no way we should be anywhere near the bottom of the table. The boys know that, the club knows that, I know that.”