ALLOA RFC kept their unbeaten home record intact with a try scoring bonus point victory over Panmure.

The Earlsfield side's usual pre-match selection concerns focused on the front row where amongst others they had club captain, Dale Foster, sidelined through injury.

Step forward veteran Rolf Maitland to fill the gap at the 11th hour. As things transpired, Alloa had little worries in the set-piece with their scrummage dominant throughout. In the back division Alloa welcomed back Daniel Murrell from injury, however, the talented winger again had to retire with a recurrence of his persistent shoulder injury.

The opening exchanges saw Alloa give the Panmure scrum a tough time and the solid platform allowed their talented back-row of Gary Taylor, Fraser Smith and Matt Pope to make inroads behind a scrambling Panmure defence.

Lee Cairney opened the scoring from a penalty head on to the posts before Brandon Jardine produced some magic out on the wing.

Jardine scorched outside his opposite number and then gave the same treatment to the covering full-back for a crowd-pleasing try. Lee Cairney floated over the touchline conversion.

Panmure had their moments and were unlucky not to notch a try before Alloa scored a second. Matt Pope, who looked likely to score every time he touched the ball, shrugged off several would be tacklers en route to another outstanding try.

Lee Cairney's second conversion took Alloa 17-0 clear at half time.

Alloa started the second period on the front foot and scored a third try courtesy of Robert McCran who took a good angle and just had the reach to secure the downward pressure.

Panmure responded with a try of their own before Alloa put the game to rest. Gary Taylor, captain for the day, had set his side a target of a bonus point victory therefore it was appropriate that he was the one who cut through the Panmure rearguard to secure the all important bonus point try.

Lee Cairney's goal kicking was immaculate all afternoon and he rifled over another conversion from wide on the left.

It would have been unfair even at 31-7 up to say Alloa had totally dominated this match and a combination of changes in personnel and a high penalty count against opened the door to Panmure in the final quarter.

The Broughty Ferry side notched two tries before the final whistle that perhaps put a more appropriate score-line on the board as Alloa won 31-17.