ALLOA ATHLETIC Women's Team bounced back from defeat the week before to record a 1-0 win over Clydebank Ladies at the weekend.

A second half goal was enough to see out the game and retain the three points, despite a nervy second half producing an additional 15 minutes of extra time.

Sean Black said he was delighted with the win and praised the girls for top performances all the way up the park.

He told Advertiser Sport: "I'm buzzing, to be honest. We had worked on a few things in training – our shape, our movement – and the girls all took that into the game on Sunday.

"Every single one of them was first class from start to finish. All of them from the starting eleven to the subs, everybody came on and did what I asked of them and obviously we got the rewards for it."

Amy Cully broke the deadlock for Alloa in the 65th minute, with a tap in after great pressure from Alex Gray.

"Amy was up top on her own again and worked really hard," Black added. "She had a few chances throughout, more so in the second half.

"When that one came through, she managed to slot it away and then from there, we were defensively solid.

"We were honestly just brilliant, start to finish."

Last week, Hayley Preece spoke of the importance of the week's training sessions in finding what was missing and plugging the gaps.

Black echoed her sentiment and said training over the week was vital in addressing the team's mistakes.

"It certainly made a difference," he added. "I changed things up a bit this week and moved a couple players from different positions into the middle of the pitch to make us a bit harder to get by.

"I put Abbie [Trotter], [Heather] Bundy and Liv [Olivia Young] there and they worked in tandem with each other and they managed to shut Clydebank out.

"Clydebank had to resort to balls over the top simply because they just could not get past us. Liv played like she had been playing for years, she was outstanding."

The end of the second half was nervy for the Wasps, which saw a whopping 15 minutes be added on, amidst some confusion from the referee as to how much time had been played.

Alloa held on to their lead, shutting down a chance at the very end which Black said looked almost certain to go in.

He said: "We had a couple head knocks but I think the ref lost track of time.

"We asked him how long was left and he said we had two minutes left, then six then all of a sudden there were still eight minutes to be played after we had already played 53 minutes.

"I'm not sure where he was pulling these numbers from but we ended up playing an hour in the second half. They had a corner that got whipped in and it looked like it was going to creep in to the back post. I would've been devasted and incredibly angry if it had went in!

"The girls saw it out really well – they were calm, nobody panicked and they got the ball down and held it.

"The girls did everything I did fantastically."

The Women's Team now face a weeks break for Easter before visiting top of the table Harmony Row.

Harmony Row have established themselves as the team to beat, only losing once in ten games, excluding matches chalked off due to teams folding.

It will be Alloa's toughest test yet and a key one at that if they hope to keep momentum going from the win at the weekend.