BRIAN RICE insisted Alloa “shot themselves in the foot” as they conceded three goals to a strong Falkirk side.

The Wasps visited the Falkirk Stadium on the back of a strong win against Kelty, with a tough task in front of them against the league leaders.

Tochukwu Ogayi started in goal behind Scott Taggart, David Devine and Morgyn Neill, who came in for the injured Josh Debayo.

Steven Buchanan and Euan Deveney remained on the wings. Steven Hetherington was joined by Miko Virtanen in midfield while Kurtis Roberts was used further forward.

Brad Rodden dropped to the bench and Taylor Steven started in a strike partnership with Bobby Wales.

Falkirk took an early lead inside three minutes from a corner, the ball meeting Agyeman who slips in front of Ogayi to head the Bairns into the lead.

The home side maintained heavy pressure on the Alloa defence, Ogayi making one or two brilliant saves to deny a relentless attack.

Up the other end, a strong, driving run from Buchanan saw him able to whip the ball in, it met Taylor Steven who heads it down but it unfortunately isn’t picked up by anyone before being cleared.

Another chance came for the Wasps after Steven did well to win the ball from Falkirk’s Leon McCann, playing in Wales, but the touch was slightly too heavy for the forward to reach.

Falkirk doubled their lead from another corner, the ball meeting Henderson who heads it towards Agyeman, laying him up another goal.

“We didn’t give ourselves a chance,” Rice told Advertiser Sport. “Two corners, two goals in the first 15 minutes, It’s the same person picking them up.

“We shot ourselves in the foot, it’s the same last time we came here to Falkirk. They’re a really good team and they were too good for us today.”

Falkirk earned their third goal of the afternoon, after a superb strike from Coll Donaldson found the top corner.

After the break, Alloa kept Falkirk contained through the second half, keeping possession more and, particularly towards the end of the game, found themselves getting forward and passing the ball about well.

The Wasps’ defence did well to prevent Falkirk from adding to their goal tally, with Agyeman searching for his third of the afternoon.

Alloa got themselves forward and tested the defence on a couple of occasions towards the end of the match, however, the damage had already been done in the first half.

Rice explained that the second half was all about damage control and trying to find a way back in.

“[The message at half time was] don’t concede any more goals and try to get a goal back, try and get a bit of pride about ourselves.

“The damage was done in the first half. We came here and we didn’t get started, gave Falkirk too much respect, didn’t get close, didn’t get any tackles in.

“Two goals from corners, you can’t do that at this level.”

Cove Rangers' victory over Annan sees them overtake Alloa, meaning the Wasps drop to eighth place in the League.

Falkirk remain top of the league, two points above title challengers Hamilton Accies, with both sides unbeaten.

The Bairns have proven themselves to be a cut above the rest of the league, with games against them not to be looked too closely at.

This weekend is a trip to Stirling to take on the club’s local rivals, with a big three points needed to move Alloa up the table again.

Rice continued: “We need to get back to what we did last week [against Kelty] and score more than the opposition, try and win a football game.

“That’s what it’s all about, today we’ll reflect on it and then go again next week.

“It’s a big game next week, but every game is a big game. It’s got to be better than it was today in the first half.”